Office: 01254 297606
Mobile: 07768 614009
Fax: 01254 297916
Business Deals - Deals
Elaine Hurn Managing Partner
As Managing Partner Elaine is responsible for the strategic
direction of the firm. A formidable negotiator and very
pragmatic in her approach she combines a unique blend of
commercial, legal and HR skills.
Elaine advises predominantly corporate clients on all
aspects of non-contentious employment law and has extensive
experience from large-scale business re-organisations and
transactions to general counsel advice on every day
employment strategies, policies and issues.
She works with specific
industry sectors to assist clients develop their own
A graduate from Birmingham University, Elaine was a partner
at DWF for five years before founding Taylors. Previously,
she was an in-house employment lawyer at Cadbury Schweppes.
- Employment aspects of business transfers and
- Appointing senior executives
- Termination negotiations and the enforcement of post
- Drafting employment documents including contracts,
policies and procedures.
She is a full member of the Employment Lawyers
Elaine, who hails from Blackburn, is an ardent supporter
of Blackburn Rovers. Her passion for sports leads her to the
tennis courts where she is a keen player.
She regularly attends live music events. Elaine lives in the
Ribble Valley with her family.
Ten Things About... Elaine
- What is your favourite film?
The Italian Job (the original of course) I am almost
word perfect on the dialogue for Charlie Croker
- Where is your dream holiday destination?
Probably the South of France – for all those Michelin
- What is your guilty pleasure?
Gin Martini cocktails (shaken not stirred with an
- If you could have any job in the world, what would
David Beckhams’ wife!
- What is your favourite magazine?
Homes and Interiors
- What was your first car?
A clapped out Mini Clubman estate with a dodgy
- If I was not doing this right now, I'd be…
Dining on the best oysters and steak tartare at my
favourite London restaurant, Quo Vadis
- I'm good at…
- But I'm not so good at…
Knowing when to shut up
- At school, I always wanted to be a…