As an Employment Partner, Peter works with his clients to achieve sensible and commercial solutions to numerous employment related issues, dealing with all aspects of the employment relationship between his clients and their employees. He has extensive experience of providing sensible and clear advice to clients from all sectors.
Peter’s experience is extensive. He qualified as a solicitor in 1987, and has spent the majority of his professional career exclusively dealing with employment issues. He joined Taylors in May 2015, having previously been the Head of the Employment Law department at Forbes Solicitors for over ten years.
Peter has advised many types of employers, including numerous private sector clients, from sole traders to national organisations, local authorities, housing associations and charities. He has represented many of his clients at Tribunal hearings and has undertaken the advocacy at these hearings on virtually every occasion.
Examples of the complex work that he has undertaken include:
- Successfully defending an employee in relation to a multi-million pound claim for unfair dismissal and breach of the TUPE regulation.
- Representing a senior executive who was “managed out” by venture capitalists, obtaining significant compensation.
- Successfully defending numerous Tribunal proceedings on behalf of employees across the United Kingdom over many years.
- Successfully drafting and enforcing post-termination restrictions in employee contracts to enable the protection of trade interests against the actions of a departing employee.
- Providing bespoke training in a positive and proactive manner, to reduce and manage the risk of litigation.
Peter has been personally recognised by the Legal 500 directory for many years as a highly recommended practitioner and he focuses on provide prompt, cost efficient and practical solutions to his clients’ problems.
Peter grew up in North Wales, before moving to live in the Warrington area with his wife, Angie. He has two grown up children, along with a nine year old daughter. In his spare time, he indulges his love of the outdoors by mountain biking and skiing and also enjoys family time at weekends taking his black Labrador, Angus, for long walks.
What’s your favourite film?
What was your first job?
Stacking bottles and washing glasses in a pub
What do you do at weekends?
Usually mountain biking and walking the dog
What was the first record you ever bought?
Lily the Pink by The Scaffold
Who’s your hero and why?
Gareth Edwards – retired Welsh scrum-half – enough said!
If you weren’t a lawyer, what would you have been?
Ideally, a ski tester
If a movie was being made about your life, which actor would play you?
Patrick Stewart – same hairstyle!
Where is your dream holiday destination?
Hawaii – I’d go for the surfing
What is your guilty pleasure?
My mountain bike
What was your first car?
Triumph Spitfire – it cost me just as much to insure it is did to buy it
At school, I always wanted to be…
Sadly, a solicitor!